Salary Range: Please note the typical Hiring range is $70,000-$80,000 per year. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity.
The Mobile Dentist for US Programs contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International through providing direct dental care to patients experiencing high health disparities.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform dental procedures in a manner that sets the standard of care for US Programs. Procedures include, but are not limited to, limited/comprehensive exams, fillings, and extractions.
- Demonstrate active listening to patient chief complaints and communicate treatment options in a respectful and understandable manner that supports and encourages patient autonomy.
- Evaluate patient medical history and medical condition prior to treatment to ensure safe practices.
- Educate and encourage preventive procedures to prevent future oral health complications.
- Prescribe medications (antibiotics, analgesics) conservatively and when appropriate.
- Provide referrals to primary care physicians, dental care homes, dental specialists (endodontists, denturists, prosthodontists, etc.) when needed.
- Maintain patient records in compliance with HIPAA laws and standards.
- Assure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements for clinical dentistry.
- Document thorough chart notes, including all information required for Medicaid claims submission.
- Utilize asepsis controls to prevent transmission of communicable diseases.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Adhere to Medical Teams and US Programs standards, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as an ambassador for Medical Teams and US Programs at all times.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels of staff and community partners.
- Attend staff and mandatory in-services meetings.
- Participate in continuing education and assume responsibility for updating professional skills.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- DDS or DMD from accredited program.
- Active and unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the state of Oregon and/or Washington.
- Active BLS/CPR Certification.
- Active DEA license.
- Valid Driver license.
- Minimum of 1 year of dental practice experience performing the duties of the position.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with underserved populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- In-depth knowledge of current dental terminology (CDT) coding and regulations.
- Knowledge of the Medicaid system, including requirements for billing and coding.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in mobile clinics (smaller spaces).
- Ability to problem solve in low resourced communities and in rural settings.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organizations core values.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers and the public.
- Ability to connect with and inspire volunteers.
- Moderately skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Teams, and Excel software. Experience with CRM preferred.
- Proficient in multiple Electronic Health Record software systems. Experience with Open Dental and eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Ability to travel to various locations where clinics are being held.
- Fluency in an additional language preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of personal computers, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as copy machines and computer printers.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder.
- On occasion move about inside an office to access filing cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally position self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
The following information outlines typical benefits available for US-based, regular employees scheduled 30 hours or more per week. Actual benefits may be prorated for other than full-time work.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work schedule options
- Life insurance & AD&D
- Generous vacation time (20 days), sick leave (10 days), and 12 paid holidays per year
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Plan
For a full description of our benefits, you can learn more here.
How to apply
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn’t load, please see all our current openings at medicalteams.org/career/